, is a registered business (Cert. No. BN6467131), formed for the following purposes.
To promote the study of Acupuncture as it applies to our domestic pets.
provide specialized training in Animal Acupuncture for all those who desire
to learn and excel.
3) To establish and maintain
a high standard of tuition to ensure that our graduates are well equipped with
the knowledge and experience to enable them to practise animal-acupuncture at
a high standard of competency in their community.
4) To instill the virtue
of "ethical dealing" into our graduates by our example in our dealings
provide on-going support and mentoring services for our graduates
Administrator is Franki Andrew.
Franki has over 30 years
experience as a veterinary nurse. She has worked in a human hospital as an operating
theatre administrator and also in legal administration. She is ideally suited
to co-ordinate the people, procedures and paperwork required to facilitate the
smooth-running of this institution.
Tutor is Dr David Gilchrist.
Curriculum Vitae: Dr David
Gilchrist B.V.Sc.(Hons). DipAc.
- David graduated with honours from Queensland University
Vet School in 1967 and worked initially with cattle, horses and domestic pets.
Since 1970 he concentrated his attentions on domestic pets.
- In 1970 he founded the Morningside Veterinary Clinic
in Brisbane Australia.
- In 1976 he founded the Veterinary Surgery in Kippa
Ring and later a branch practice at Kallangur.
- In 1977 he qualified as a Human Acupuncturist, and
for a time he practised as a vet AND operated a human acupuncture clinic simultaneously.
During this time he adapted human acupuncture theory to animals, and began
treating animals with acupuncture.
- In 1980 he established a veterinary acupuncture
- In 1983 he began conducting acupuncture seminars
for veterinarians. He has now completed 45+ seminars in Australia, New Zealand,
Belgium and England.
- The Food & Agricultural Organisation of the
United Nations sponsored David as a speaker at New Zealands first International
Symposium on Medical Acupuncture.
- He has also been invited as speaker at Veterinary
Association meetings, and at meetings of Greyhound and Feline organisations.
- David has delivered lectures on Animal Acupuncture
to graduates at the University of Queensland, The Veterinary School at Werribee
in Victoria and for the Post Graduate Foundation, University of Sydney.
- For many years he was a consultant to the Medical
Laser Industry, advising on matters related to bio-electric therapeutic devices
and delivering training programmes to paramedical personnel.
- David is the author of several books and many articles
on Animal Acupuncture.